Friday, January 20, 2012

Inspiration & Goals for 2012

Three weeks into the year and I am starting my blog. I have been inspired by the many genealogy bloggers out there telling their stories, research roadblocks and successes, and posting news and tips. I learn so much from all of them.

I decided to set genealogy goals this year instead of the usual ones that I never seem to keep. I think I'll be able to keep my genealogy goals.
  1. Find the father of my great great grandmother Elcena Record(s). Easier said than done.
  2. Sort through the boxes (yes, boxes) of notes, photocopies, print outs, pictures, and correspondence and file them in the appropriate files.
  3. Start a blog (accomplished)
  4. Maintain my blog
  5. Complete ProGen12 (9 months to go)
  6. Attend a national genealogy conference
I suppose I shouldn't have shared number 2 with you if I hope to impress readers with my experience, but it is the truth. I will keep you informed of how I am doing on these goals throughout the year and hope that I can inspire others as much as I have been inspired over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment